Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 11, 2011

Keeping me going...

I've been crazy-sick for some time now. It all started with EXTREME sensitivity to light, a lightheaded/dizzy feeling and trouble seeing and focusing. In the past weeks, I've seen 6 doctors, had an emergency room visit, and countless tests. I had a strange period of time where I couldn't remember things. I really thought I was losing my mind (more than the normal "mommy-brain feeling" of losing your mind!). I've missed work, been behind on work, thrown my husband into the role of wife and mom, and have endured a cloud of worry that's been hanging over our house.

We still don't have a definitive answer to what's happening to me but we know that I DON'T have major issues. So far all the crazy symptoms I've been having have been surprisingly handled and treated with alternative measures by my chiropractor. (controversial, right?!) It's been a long roller coaster of 'what's really wrong and when is this going to end?'. But now, as I write this, I feel like there is some relief in sight.

So while I'm not completely free of these ailments, I want to stop living in worry and focus on some positive aspects in my life, positive things like some great people...my sisters.
Photobucket
Nope, I didn't grow up with these girls. We didn't share secrets and trade clothes.

As a child I was always surrounded by boys: brothers, cousins, even friends. I wasn't a tom-boy but wouldn't have said I was a girly-girl by any means. I never had a sister growing up and never really cared about that fact. But since I've known these girls, I've now realized what I would have been missing had they not become part of my life almost 10 years ago.

I've married into a great family that had allowed me the privilege to experience sisterhood.
 
Since I've been sick, I've felt the love from each one of these girls in their own way.
 
Melissa took a day and made and froze tons of baby food for me. I was overwhelmed by the gesture. With Christopher out of town, I was feeling like I just couldn't cut it as a mom. With 2 jobs and 2 kids to manage, this was a HUGE help. I was starting to feel horrible about the fact that Milo is now 6 months old and was living off of breast-milk and rice cereal and occasional sweet potato mixed in. If the kid is anything like me... I knew he needed some real food and soon!


Photobucket


Photobucket

After some tests with the doctor, it was determined that I stay away from wheat products and strive for a "Gluten free" lifestyle. If any of you know what that meas, it can be a major life shift in your eating habits. If you have to do all the work alone, it can be exhausting. My sister Malorie has been there done that. When I emailed her about some tips, the next day she showed up at my door with a basket full of food and baking items to help get me started.

The gift of food was great, but also her company that day was tremendous.



Photobucket

And while I don't have any or photographic evidence of Jessica's love, it's there. She's called to give me comforting thoughts and has been patient when I've texted, called, and bugged her with how I'm feeling. She also works and assists the doctor that I am seeing. It's a great comfort to have her in this part of my life.

I think that the key to feeling better is having good friends and family that surround you. During this trying time I've gotten to see selflessness, love, and compassion. 
I am thankful for my sisters.

How are you thankful today? Is there someone in your life that has kept you going? Or can you be that person for someone else?

A small effort can make a huge difference!


Contact Donna Harris Photography by clicking HERE
 



0 comments:

Archive by Date

google analytics

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP